Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bare assed and waiting

I am so sorry that I haven't been updating my blog. There hasn't been much exciting going on and I didn't want to bore you all with every detail.
As it stands, I am halfway through another Femara cycle with hopes to do IUI this month.
I went in today for my first follicle scan.

For those who haven't had the pleasure of a follicle scan, let me give you a play-by-play of my appointment today:
10:00 am- Arrive, on time for my scan and shell out $$ to the "front receptionist" before being sent to "the back"
10:02 am- Take a seat in the "back"--I'm not sure why there are 2 waiting rooms, but this one is more cozy and there were 5 other people sitting around trying not to make eye contact.
10:09 am- Nurse puts me in a room and tells me to remove my clothes below the waist assuring me that the doctor will be in shortly.
10:10am-10:18 am- Strip down and sit on the exam table making small talk with my hubby, feeling excited and nervous about what the ultrasound may show
10:19am-10:25 am- Ran out of small talk, still sitting bare assed, getting annoyed...
10:25am-10:31 am- Still bare assed and bitching about being bare assed when the doctor walks in, oops.
10:31am-10:39 am- Doc takes a phallic ultrasound a shoves it up my vag. This is followed by some discussion about little follies and a tumor on my right ovary, then rooting around for my left ovary which is apparently "shy"
10:40 am - Sent back to "the back"
10:42 am - Met with nurse to schedule another magical follie scan on Monday with much discussion about our need to have lots of sex in the mean time - blush -

So in case you skipped that, there's not much to report. I had 4 or 5 little follies on the right along with my new friend, teratoma...it wasn't any bigger than last time, I don't think, but it's still freaky to know that I have a tumor on my ovary.

I really don't understand why I have to drop trou' before the doctor comes into the exam room. Maybe it's supposed to save them time, but really why should I sit there bare assed and waiting for upwards of 20 minutes? They don't even have real blankets, just these little paper squares that barely cover anything. Oh, and can I also add...The longer I sit there naked from the waist down, the more likely I am to get the urge to pee. That makes for a very uncomfortable dildo cam date. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment