Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Intro and background

My name is Lisa, I'm 31 and I'm married to a wonderful man, Tim, who is 32. I've decided to start a blog to share our struggles with infertility caused by PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).
Tim and I have been trying to have a baby since January 2009 (15 months, not that I'm counting!). We started of with the basic "hump and hope"-method just having sex when we felt like it and hoping that a little miracle would happen. After that, we moved onto "timed intercourse". I tried to "time" my cycles by using the OV watch and ovulation predictor kits (OPKs). After coming to the realization that my cycles are too crazy to just use OPKs, I started monitoring my temperatures. Basically, I would take my temp (orally) every morning when I woke up and record it on a chart looking for patterns of ovulation. This was an eye-opener! My temps were all over the place and I was clearly not ovulating. We have now moved on to medical intervention. I am taking metformin to help regulate my hormones and femara at the beginning of each cycle to help trigger ovulation. This will be my third cycle on femara and each month that I don't get pregnant, my heart breaks a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment