Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Fun Facts

Hello! I thought I would share some fun facts with you to help your Friday move along a bit faster.
  1. Flea's can jump 130 times higher than their own height. In human terms this is equal to a 6ft. person jumping 780 ft. into the air.
  2. There are no poisonous snakes in Maine. - I have to add that my dad told my step-mom, who has a horrible fear of snakes, that there are no poisonous snakes in Ohio, this is not true. There are actually 3 venomous snakes in Ohio; the copperhead, the timber rattlesnake and the eastern massauga, just don't tell my step-mom :)
  3. In ancient Rome, when a man testified in court, he would swear on his testicles - I wonder what happened if they found out he was lying??
  4. The only letter not appearing in the periodic table is 'J'.
  5. Coffee drinkers have more sex than non-coffee drinkers. They also enjoy it more. - Who determined this, and how? I drink coffee, but Tim doesn't. How can I be having more sex than he is? Hmmm.
  6. 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan (Wendy) are the only two Disney cartoon features with both parents that are present and don't die throughout the movie. - Let me know if you can think of another! I tried and can't, but it seems too crazy to be true.
  7. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously - Who tried this?
  8. Ben and Jerry's send the waste from making ice cream to local pig farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor: Mint Oreo.
  9. A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
  10. The average bra size today is 36C. Ten years ago it was 34B.

I go in for my first monitoring appointment tomorrow morning. Come on follicles!

4 comments:

  1. There were 2 parents in Lady and the Tramp, right? And didn't they have a baby? I call false on my own fact. Stupid Google! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love it. Your commentary cracks me up. I will gladly take the Mint Oreo off their hands. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete