Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let the healing begin!

I finally made an appointment for acupuncture! I have been saying that I would do it for several weeks, but I hadn't made the appointment. I blame it on the acupuncturists lack of reception staff. I made the leap last week and called, but I got voicemail and I HATE leaving messages. I rarely, if ever, leave phone messages. I figure that people will see that I called on their caller ID and call me back. It's like ordering pizza. I hate calling and ordering pizza. It's too much pressure. They answer the phone and say 'go ahead with your order' and in that moment, I forget why I called. I sit there, struck silent by the pressure of remembering that we wanted a large pepperoni with thick crust.

Fortunately, when it comes to pizza, I can place the order online now. I swear, I am so non-confrontational, that I pretty much only interact with people when e-mail, text and online ordering fail to get the job done.

Anyway, I sucked it up and left a message this morning. The doctor called me right back and was very nice and reassuring. I have an appointment on Friday. I won't have any 'treatments' that day, it will just be an extensive history-taking appointment. I am really looking forward to getting the ball rolling though.

1 comment:

  1. I have had acupuncture done, its actually very relaxing, the only place i didnt like it was my temples

    ReplyDelete