Monday, April 19, 2010

Vampires

Over the past 6 months I have had blood drawn at least 10 times. Mainly for IF stuff but for other stuff too. Through the multiple pokings, I have learned that I only have one good, reliable vein. It's inside my right elbow, the "elbow pit" if you will. It runs in a weird direction, but it's big and it always flows if the vampire (phlebotomist) hits it right.
Today was a good blood draw day. I had to get my 7dpo progesterone level to find out if I ovulated and how strong the ovulation was. The vampire listened to me when I told her about my vein, felt my arm and stuck, no muss no fuss. If only they all went that well... Half the time, they don't listen to me and want to feel all over creation and even poke me multiple places before finally resigning to the fact that I know my body and I've been through this enough times that I know what works. Today was good. Now I just have to wait for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment